Making Chicken broth. For those who don’t know what Chicken broth is, It is a flavorful liquid made of bones, meat, or vegetables that have been simmered in water. Chicken broth is also known as bouillon. We can eat this alone. But it is most commonly used to prepare other dishes, such as soups, gravies, and sauces. Making chicken broth is super easy, and the preparation time is less than ten minutes. Let us get started
- Bony Chicken pieces - 1 Kg
- Celery (With ribs & leaves ) - 2 (Cut into pieces)
- Carrots ( medium-sized)- 2 ( cut into small squares )
- Onions ( medium-sized)- 2 ( cut into small squares )
- Bayleaves - 2
- Rosemary (Optional) - 1/2 tsp (crushed)
- Dried Thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Peppercons - 7 nos
- Garlic - 2/3 cloves
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan and add all the ingredients to it. Add enough water so that it will stay an inch above all the vegetables and chicken bones.
- Turn on the heat and bring it to a boil. Once it started boiling, reduce the flame to as low as possible.
- Keep the pan uncovered. The flame must be kept very low; Else your stock will vanish over time. An occasional bubble indicating that it is still on flame would do.
- You will notice some foam getting developed on the surface. Use a spoon and remove the foam occasionally.
- After 4 hours of simmering, We are good to turn off the heat. Keep it aside and let it cool down a bit.
- Once it is out of the super hot stage, we can strain the broth to remove bones, meat, and veggies.
- Refrigerate the broth overnight. The excess fat will settle on the top, which we can be skimmed off.