CoWIN Covid-19 vaccine registration:
Amidst the abrupt rise in COVID-19 cases in the country, The Indian Government had recently announced the commencement of the phase 3 vaccination drive. CoWIN Portal and Arogya Sethu app will allow registrations for all the adults (age above 18) from April 28, and the vaccination drive will kickstart from May 1, 2021.
Currently, India uses Serum Institute of India’s Covishield and Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin for its vaccination program. The Government has also granted emergency use approval for Sputnik V, the Russian Covid-19 vaccine.
For this third phase, the manufacturers would supply 50 percent of their CDL (Central Drugs Laboratory) released doses to the central Government. They would be free to deliver the remaining 50 percent doses to state governments and the open market (private hospitals). It is good that Government has created a role for private hospitals in this massive vaccination drive. We believe that private hospitals will play a key role in immunizing the population as quickly as possible.
Regardless of Government or private hospitals, everyone has to register and schedule their first vaccination using either CoWIN Portal or Arogya Sethu app.
Here, we provide a detailed step-by-step guide to the registration process & answers to the most commonly asked questions.
CoWIN Covid-19 vaccine registration using CoWIN web portal:
- Open the CoWIN portal & click on the button Register/ Sign in yourself. (Reference image provided below)
- You will see three login options available there. SMS OTP, AarogyaSetu & Umang. You can use any of these methods to log in to the portal.
- The portal now prompts you with the registration form. Please fill in the details carefully. Ensure the name, DOB & Gender you enter here matches the details in the photo ID you selected. Portal currently accepts Aadhar, PAN, Passport, Driving license, NPR Smart Card, Voter ID & Pension passbook as the photo ID.
- After successful registration, You should be able to schedule your appointment. You will find your name in the table with the status “Not scheduled” at this stage. You will also find an option to add your family members to the list. Please be noted that you can only have up to 4 members added for each mobile registration or mobile number.
- Click on the “schedule appointment” icon and input your state, district, block, and Pincode to search for the nearest vaccination centers (public as well as private).
- Select the vaccination center & the time slot of your choice.
- Once submitted, you should be able to download your appointment confirmation letter. Carry this along with the photo ID proof you provided at step 3 while visiting the vaccination center.
CoWIN Covid-19 vaccine registration using Arogya Sethu app:
Co-WIN is a platform for the citizens of India to Register for COVID-19 vaccination and schedule their vaccination slots at the nearest vaccination centers.
Covaxin, Developed by Bharat Biotech, will be available for 600 INR per dose for state governments and 1,200 INR per dose for private hospitals. Covishiled’s will be available for 400 INR for state governments and 600 INR for private hospitals. However, The following states will be offering the vaccine free of cost for the citizens.
Jammu and Kashmir
You can use CoWIN web portal or the Arogya Sethu app for the registration & scheduling of appointments. There will be no on-spot registrations for phase-3.
No. There will be no on-spot registrations for phase-3. Everyone needs to enroll in the phase 3 vaccination drive either using the CoWIN web portal or the Arogya Sethu app.
Yes, you can register using any of the following ID proofs:
a. Aadhaar card
b. Driving License
c. PAN card
e. Pension Passbook
f. NPR Smart Card
g. Voter ID Card (EPIC)
We can add up to four family members.
Yes. You have an option to reschedule.
No. vaccination is free at Government hospitals for citizens with 45+ age. And few of the states (listed above) are also offering the free vaccine for all age groups. We are not sure about the charges in private hospitals at this time. Citizens can get this information on the Co-WIN portal while booking an appointment.
You should contact any of the following helplines
Helpline Number: +91-11-23978046 (Toll free- 1075)
Technical Helpline Number: 0120-4473222
Helpline Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also reach out the vaccination centre for advice.
feature pic credits : rawpixel.com - www.freepik.com & Learnly